Program /// Day 2
09:15 | Conference opening & welcome by conference chairman - Stefano Cruccu /// Sr. Project Manager - Solarplaza
Session 4. Curtailment
09:30 | Risks and expected effect of curtailment on a solar portfolio
- Introduction to curtailment for an operational portfolio
- Analysis of the impact of curtailment
- Plans for mitigating curtailment impact
- How does a bank assess curtailment risk?
SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST /// RTS CORPORATION
SENIOR MANAGER /// SHINSEI BANK
10:15 | Solutions to face current and future levels of curtailment
- What future curtailment rules will the market have to deal with?
- How can battery storage help deal with curtailment?
- What are solutions applied abroad?
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS /// GSSG SOLAR
MANAGING DIRECTOR /// NEC ENERGY SOLUTIONS
SR MANAGER OF ENERGY CONSULTING DEPARTMENT /// HITACHI CONSULTING CO., LTD.
11:00 | Networking break
Session 5. Portfolio management
11:30 | The growing importance of portfolio management
- Differences between asset- vs portfolio-level thinking and acting
- How to deal with different service providers and contracts
PARTNER /// RENEWABLE ENERGY MANAGEMENT
MANAGING DIRECTOR /// OCTAVE JAPAN
CEO /// M SOLAR ASSET MANAGEMENT
CEO /// 3MEGAWATT
12:00 | International lessons learnt from scaling a solar portfolio
- Main challenges of integrating many assets in one portfolio
- Key factors that determine efficiency
- Practical lessons from operational solar portfolios around the globe
12:45 | Networking lunch
Session 6. M&A and secondary market
PARTNER /// ANDERSON MORI & TOMOTSUNE
14:00 | Solar project transactions in Japan
- ‘Typical’ solar project transactions (examples of operational project transactions, development phase, etc)
- Options and process to exit from solar projects (listed vs unlisted infrastructure funds)
14:30 | Infrastructure funds: opportunities and benefits
- The process for listing a fund
- Tax exemptions that apply for energy infrastructure including solar
- Experience with listing a fund
- Future expectations
HEAD OF GREEN ENERGY INVESTMENT OF SAM /// SPARX
INVESTMENT DIRECTOR /// TAKARA ASSET MANAGEMENT CO.,LTD
15:15 | Networking break
Session 7. Strategies for 2017 and beyond
16:00 | How to make the solar business model work at 24Y/kwh or less
- Comparison of Japanese price levels with those of other solar markets
- Operator standpoint: priorities for cutting costs
- Financier standpoint: what projects can still be financed at lower FIT levels?
- What will be benefits of potential game changers like battery storage?
RENEWABLE ENERGY ANALYST /// BLOOMBERG
HEAD STRUCTURED FINANCE /// GOLDMAN SACHS
PRESIDENT /// NEXT ENERGY & RESOURCES CO., LTD.
COUNTRY MANAGER /// PACIFICO ENERGY K.K.
17:00 | Closing words & Networking drinks